Monday, July 23, 2012

Memory Box!

What seems to be a popular pin on Pinterest (or at least amongst people I follow/follow me) is this memory box.  The original idea is the brainchild of this blogger.  The basic idea is to use a shadow box to display all of your movie and event tickets in a nice way that doesn't consume much space and doesn't look too busy!  I only made a few changes- I used a 12"x12" instead of a 8 1/2"x11" (partially because it was the only one I could find, plus I had a ton of 12"x12" scrapbook paper to choose from!  I also had to cut the slot into the back since I couldn't find a wooden box (but soooooon I plan on making my own!).  Rest assured, the cardboard and felt were a pain to cut through (whereas I would have dragged out the jigsaw or something if it was wood).  I love my take on this, but thanks to the blogger who dreamt it up in the first place!


2 comments:

  1. I think I have the same shadow box as you. How exactly did you cut it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey! Sorry I didn't respond for a long time, I made a new page and will be moving this post, too.

      I hacked at it with a serrated steak knife a little bit, and also an exacto knife, until I was far enough through that I could manage the scissors. I guess the trick was making the hole in the paper part look good to cover it up, because it was far from a nice, perfect rectangle. But you would have never known had I not told you ;)

      Delete